The Riparian Preserve at Water Ranch is a site known for bird watching and fishing in Gilbert, Arizona. The Riparian preserve is a water recycling facility and it supports the water needs of the homes and businesses in the town of Gilbert. The Riparian preserve is home to many species of birds and wildlife, over 200 species of birds can be sighted here. The lake at the preserve can be used for fishing, the lake is stocked with a variety of fish. The preserve is open to the public everyday from Dawn to dusk.
Things to Do
- Families can visit the preserve for recreation purpose, enjoy a stroll or jog in the natural setting and spot wildlife as you hike on the trails. Guided walks are offered every Monday, October through April.
- Free Family Bird walks are offered every third Saturday, October through March. Enjoy bird watching with an expert and spot birds with a pair of binoculars.
- Enjoy fishing at the lake with your family, you can catch a rainbow trout, bass, sunfish and catfish. Kids under 14 don't need a fishing license.
- The Gilbert Rotary Centennial Observatory is located at the preserve, the observatory is open every Friday and Saturday, September through June.
- A Picnic area and a children's play area with Dino dig sandbox is available.
- You can bring your dogs, but dogs must be on leash.
The Riparian Preserve at Water Ranch Insider Tips