Riverside Outfitters have everything you need to get out into the wild without ever even leaving Richmond! From here you can canoe, kayak, stand-up paddle board, climb or rent a bike to see another side of the city. Explore the beauty of nature in and around the city and have a fun, active day out with your family.
Things to Do
- Riverside's main business is providing fun adventures on the nearby waters. They offer all kinds of activities starting with guided kayak and canoe trips. Flat water kayaking is available for young families though there are options to kayak or canoe through rougher whitewaters for older patrons too.
- Once you have gotten a taste for whitewater adventure you can step up to one of their signature rafting adventures where you are sure to encounter some truly exciting thrills and spills!
- Riverside Outfitters run tree climbing seminars which teach you all you need to know to take to the trees. These courses can be tailored to the needs of beginners and experts alike.
- Of course you can skip the classes and head straight to their high ropes challenges. Children as young as 5 years old can come and climb to the top of the tree canopy during recreational climbing sessions
- Renting bikes with RO can be a great way to explore Richmond's Canal Walk. This wonderful 1 and 1/4 mile route leads you along the beautiful canal side past shops, restaurants, museums and memorials. It is the perfect place to begin to get a sense of the city.
- From Memorial Day through to Labor Day RIverside Outfitters operate seven days a week. During the low season however they cut their hours to a five day week, only opening from Monday until Friday.