Gone With The Wind fans must not miss visiting the Road to Tara Museum! See replicas and artifacts from the movie plus exhibits from the Civil War and the events in Jonesboro. The museum may be small (the place is set in a converted train depot) but it's packed with interesting memorabilia. Jonesboro's significance to the novel is also explained in the written displays. This place is usually a part of Historical Tours in the Jonesboro area together with The Warren House, Ashley Oaks Mansion, Stately Oaks Plantation, and other old structures.
Things to Do
- Reminisce your memories of watching the movie or reading the book and make a quick visit to the museum. Scarlett O'Hara's home, Tara, is set in Clayton County. Before rushing to the displays, grab self-guided tour brochures at the entrance. See replicas of Scarlett's costumes, Margaret Mitchell's china, original props from the movie, foreign edition collection, and the movie's original manuscript.
- Aside from movie-related displays, you will also find a diorama of the two-day battle at Jonesboro and personal accounts of the Civil War through the story of Father Bliemel.
- Find and purchase nice souvenirs and trinkets from the gift shop.
Road to Tara Museum Insider Tips
- Make this part of a tour and also visit other historical places in the area.
- Tour brochures are available in several languages.