Roeding Parks is a regional park in South Fresno home to Fresno Chaffee Zoo and Rotary Storyland and Playland Family Amusement Park. The place is reported to be undergoing construction for the zoo extension so there are areas closed to the public. Park attractions include a lake, children's playgrounds, ponds, picnic shelters, tennis courts, dance pavilions, and a dog park.
Things to Do
- Plan the day to visit the Fresno Chaffee Zoo or Storyland Amusement Park. There's a separate admission fee for each of the attractions. Bring food so that after your trip to the zoo or the amusement park, you can go on a picnic at the shaded tables under the groves of cedar, pine, and redwood trees. Barbecue pits are also available for use in the picnic area.
- Take the kids to the playground, let them run on the grassy fields, or spend some time by the lake.
- Bring your pets to the dog park where they can run leash-free. The dog park is located near the ponds. If it's your first time at Roeding, download the map from the website so you'll know your way inside.
Roeding Parks Insider Tips
- Admission is $5 per vehicle. Get in for free if you walk in.
- The park is not well lit at night. Take extra precaution if you plan to stay until sundown.