The Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum is a one-of-a-kind museum in San Jose, California. Located in a striking building that is designed to resemble the Temple of Amon at Karnak, the museum contains the largest collection of Ancient Egyptian artifacts in North America. In addition to its fascinating exhibits related to Ancient Egypt, it also has a planetarium that presents educational films on topics related to space. If your child is fascinated by ancient cultures, you won't want to miss this exciting attraction.
Things to Do
- Learn all about Ancient Egyptian burial practices, including the construction of elaborate tombs and the fascinating mummification process.
- Explore the museum and view its exhibits on religion in Ancient Egypt as well as some of the most famous pharaohs.
- View the diverse array of artifacts such as hair accessories, games, mirrors, and writing tools that tell us about the daily lives of the ancient Egyptians.
- Visit the planetarium and enjoy an informative film related to space, stars, and the universe.
Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum Insider Tips
- Learn more about Ancient Egypt before or after your visit by viewing these fact sheets on topics such as cats in Ancient Egypt and how mummies are made.
- Save money by visiting between 4 and 5 p.m. Wednesday through Friday afternoons when the museum offers free admission.
- If your family would like to learn as much as possible during your museum visit, you can download a free MP3 audio tour to use as you explore.