For kids that love trains, the Royal Gorge Route Railroad is a fantastic day out. There are plenty of different trips you and your family can take. Whether you'd rather see nature or just go for a wonderful ride in a train, you won't be disappointed.
Things to Do
- If your little ones are over 13 years old, consider taking them on a once-in-a-lifetime trip by riding aboard the locomotive itself! While this is certainly the priciest option from the Royal Gorge Route Railroad, there is only space for two people so you can see how ticket prices have to be at a premium.
- Anyone over 8 can enjoy both a trip and a meal with a Dinner in the Dome ticket. You and your family can have a three-course meal in a car with a magnificent glass dome roof.
- Do you feel like seeing plenty of nature? Take a ride in the Vista Dome cars. These carriages are equipped with huge viewing windows so that during your 2-hour trip you can make the most the spectacular views.
Royal Gorge Route Railroad Insider Tips
- Make sure to purchase tickets for the odd-numbered tables in order to see the river. You may be disappointed with the views if you get the tickets on the wrong side of the train.
- If you're working to a budget you should consider eating either before or after the trip. While the food is of a very high quality, it can become quite expensive if you have a large family to feed.