Rye Playland is an amusement park opened originally in 1928 with thrilling rides for children and features a pool and a children's museum. It is also called playland park and is one of the largest in the US that is not privately owned, the park is located in Rye, NY. It features the historic carousel, many carnival rides, as well as thrill rides like coasters. You can definitely call it your classic amusement park. The park features fireworks on Wednesdays and Fridays.
Things to Do
- This is your old school amusement park with plenty of rides, you can pay a flat entry fee plus rides, or can pay per ride.
- Don't forget to take rides like the old carousel, family flyer, kiddie coaster, derby racer, old mill, wipe out, zombie castle and the 80-year old ride the dragon coaster.
- The park has a nearby beach and boating, occasionally you can see concerts live in the park.
- You can eat at the park or bring your own food or you can visit many restaurants nearby after visiting the park.
Rye Playland Insider Tips
- There is a game arcade with redemption center.
- There are many rides not safe for young children.