Visit Sachuest Beach in Middletown, Rhode Island, which is a beautiful natural beach with clear sand and sand dunes. Known as "Second Beach", the well maintained beach trail gives scenic ocean views and plenty of opportunity for bird watching. Enjoy hiking on the trail or camping on the beach, camping is a popular activity in the Summer. Spend a day at the beach or enjoy surfing or camping with your family. The beach is clean, well-maintained and is open everyday dawn until dusk.
Things to Do
- Visit the beach in the Summer and enjoy surfing and picnicking in the picnic area. Pets are usually not allowed on the beach.
- Hike on the beach trail and enjoy views of the sea, you can spot seals and whales, and a variety of birds like bald eagles and seagulls.
- The best season to hike on the beach trail is April through October, the 0.7 mile trail is easy to hike.
- Families can enjoy beach camping, picnic grills are available, camping sites have restrooms and hot showers.
- The beach trail could be muddy and has driftwood logs, you must wear good walking shoes.
- Food trucks and a snack bar are available on the beach seasonally.
Sachuest Beach Insider Tips