The San Antonio Zoo is a popular tourist attraction in San Antonio, Texas. In addition to featuring over 700 fascinating animal species in diverse exhibits, the zoo provides daily educational encounters with animals like bears, elephants, tigers, and gibbons. It also has a train, a carousel, a popular butterfly garden, and a special rainforest exhibit where visitors can feed colorful lorikeets nectar.
Things to Do
- Explore the diverse exhibits, which include the African Plains, Amazonia, and Toadally, a fascinating amphibian exhibit.
- Learn all about animals like vultures, wallabies, and bush dogs by attending one of the zoo's daily animal encounters.
- Take your little one for a ride on the Zootennial Carousel, where you can choose from 60 hand-painted animals to ride, including a tiger shark, a polar bear, and a jackalope for just $2.50 per person.
San Antonio Zoo Insider Tips
- Look at the zoo's special promotions page for discounts on admission prices.
- Head to Lory Landing to meet and feed the zoo's friendly lorikeets. Cups of nectar cost only $1.50 each.
- View the zoo's visitor tips to learn more about the best places to park, how to avoid lines, and more.
- Check out their special events page to learn about theme days, family activities, and other exciting events taking place at the zoo.