The San Diego Zoo Safari Park is one of the most popular tourist attractions in the area and a must for any families with animal lovers. Since the early 1970s the park has housed animals in a more open and natural environment than traditional zoos and the park is currently home to over 300 different species from a huge variety of different locations around the world.
Things to Do
- Take a guided tour of the San Diego Zoo Safari Park on the Africa Tram. The tram is included in the price of admission.
- Bring back a souvenir of your trip from one of the many shopping outlets at the park. You can get clothing, photos, jewelry, and even plants!
- Grab a bite to eat at one of the park's multiple eateries. There is a wide range of food available to suit most tastes and preferences and is available throughout the day.
- Visit the Asian Savanna and African Plains to see deer, buffaloes, giraffes, and many more species!
- Like big cats? You and your little ones will be spoilt for choice. Whether it's lions in the Lion Camp or tigers in the Tiger Trail, don't miss your opportunity to see these beautiful creatures!
San Diego Zoo Safari Park Insider Tips
- Like many popular attractions, the food in the San Diego Zoo Safari Park can be quite pricey if you have a large group to feed. It is advised to dine before and after going to the park if you're trying to save money or work to a budget. You can also bring food into the park so consider bringing your own picnic.
- There is plenty of things to do and see so make sure to head along as early as possible and stay for as long as the little ones have the energy.