The San Diego Zoo is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the city and home to over 650 different types of animals. Even though the zoo's right in the center of the city, parking is both ample and free. There are plenty of reasons it's so popular and the zoo's a great day out for both kids and adults alike.
Things to Do
- Take the zoo's guided bus tour.
- Stop for food in one of the zoos many eateries with a range of different foods. There are places to eat across the length and breadth of the zoo.
- Once you've fed yourselves, you should consider feeding some of the animals. There are multiple places where you're allowed to feed the animals so make sure you don't miss out on your chance to get up close. Feeding the giraffes comes highly recommended!
- Pick up an adorable soft toy or a souvenir of your trip to San Diego Zoo in one of the zoo's many shops. You can even get souvenir photos at Front Street Photos.
San Diego Zoo Insider Tips
- Before you go, make sure to have your little ones visit the zoo's page for kids to learn more about the animals at the zoo and for a number of fun games and fascinating activities. The kids can also see pictures of the animals and live video feeds from the zoo!
- Don't forget to pick up a map. It may sound silly, but the park is large and you'll not want to miss an opportunity to see a certain animal just because you were going round in circles.
- Bring your own lunch to save money. If you have a large family, paying for everyone to eat can be quite expensive.