Visit the San Francisco museum of modern art to view modern and contemporary art paintings and sculptures by local and international artists. The newly expanded and renovated museum building is located in Downtown San Francisco just minutes away from Yerba Buena Gardens. The museum displays art exhibits, hosts events like gallery talk, and plenty of activities for the kids to do with their parents. The museum is open to tours everyday, you can by tickets online, free admission for all children and teens under 18.
Things to Do
- The museum currently displays photography exhibit "California and the West" displaying diverse images from the 19th century and on wards.
- German Art after 1960 exhibit features paintings and art work by prominent German artists, featuring emerging artists from that era.
- See an amazing collection of abstract art at the exhibit of American abstraction and view collections from 1950s and on wards.
- Kids visiting with their parents can do plenty of activities, including exploring contemporary art, seeing native American plant species, and interpreting self portraits.
- Visit the museum store to buy jewelry, home decor, gifts, work accessories and many toys for kids and books.
- Enjoy some coffee and snacks with the family at cafe 5.
San Francisco Museum of Modern Art Insider Tips
- Look up the website for free family days.
- Buy tickets in advance.