San Jose Museum of Art is an award-winning art museum located in Downtown, San Jose, California. The museum was founded in 1969 and it displays paintings, sculptures, prints, photographs, and drawings by artists from the 20th and 21st centuries era. The museum houses over 2,400 works of art, it supports art work by pivotal California artists. The museum displays interesting exhibitions and a plethora of art and craft, the museum offers docent-led public tours of all the exhibits. The museum is closed on Mondays.
Things to Do
- Visit the San Jose museum of Art to appreciate art and artists of the West Coast, the museum presents unique modern and contemporary work of art.
- View the permanent collection of paintings, sculptures, photography, drawings, prints, media and books by renowned California artists.
- Current exhibits include Maker space in Koret family gallery, this exhibit showcases art work made of discarded and recycled materials.
- Learn to create new things out of recycled materials in the Koret Family gallery.
- The border Cantos exhibit displays photographs documenting the stories of immigrants that cross into the US each year.
- Enjoy some snacks in the museum cafe, you can have sandwiches, soups, salads and desserts.
- Looking for unique gift items? Visit the museum store for gifts, jewelry, books, souvenirs, toys, art supplies for kids, books and puzzles.
San Jose Museum of Art Insider Tips
- Children ages 6 and under are admitted for free.