The San Jose Flea Market is one of the most popular attractions in San Jose, California. Founded in 1960, it is the largest open-air market in the United States, with 8 miles worth of aisles that host over 6,000 vendors each week. Given its immense size, it should come as no surprise that you can find nearly anything here, from food to toys to art and everything in between. It also frequently features live musical performances and has several playgrounds and carnival rides for children.
Things to Do
- Explore the 2,000 market stalls - the seemingly endless list of items for sale includes fresh produce, toys, books, art, jewelry, furniture, clothing, cosmetics, flowers, and tools.
- Listen to the live mariachi groups as they perform from 10:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. each weekend at two different locations in the market.
- Enjoy a delicious snack or meal - there are tons of foods to choose from, including authentic Mexican cuisine and fresh fruits and vegetables from the farmer's market.
- Take your child to the FunZone, where they can enjoy attractions like bounce houses, a Ferris wheel, and an antique carousel.
San Jose Flea Market Insider Tips
- If you're too busy to visit the flea market on a weekend, it's also open on Wednesdays and Fridays.
- You can save money by parking your car before 9:00 a.m. on weekends or visiting the market on Wednesdays when parking is free.
- Check out the flea market's calendar to learn about upcoming musical performances and other fun events.