Sandy Lake Amusement Park in Carrollton, Texas is a great place where you can spend the entire day with your family having fun. Just 20 minutes north of Dallas by car or bus, this amusement park has attractions that are perfect for visitors of all ages.
Attractions include over 20 rides for kids and adults, a mini-golf course, a huge swimming pool, and an arcade filled with classic games. The park is also known for its popular picnic area, which is a great location for your child's birthday party or a company picnic.
Things to Do
- Take a paddle boat out onto Sandy Lake - it's the perfect activity for a sunny summer day.
- If your family likes a bit of competition, head over to the mini-golf course and play to see who is the champion.
- Don't miss the arcade - popular games include auto racing, pinball, SkeeBall, and table football, which all only cost a quarter!
- Adults and older children will love thrill rides like the Space Shuttle and Paratrooper, while smaller children can enjoy calmer rides like the Merry Go Round or the Little Dipper.
- Go for a ride on the train that encircles the amusement park and the friendly train engineer will tell you some fascinating facts about the history of the park.
Sandy Lake Amusement Park Insider Tips
- Friday through Sunday, children under 48 inches in height can go for a pony ride on Shetland ponies with fun names like Banana Pudin and Black Beauty.
- Visit the website to print out the park's special family coupon and to learn more about the discounts it provides for group outings.
- Need to escape the sweltering summer heat? Visit the park's pool, one of the largest in the area, which has plenty of space for families to cool off and play.
- Stop by the refreshment stand if you get hungry in order to grab a hot dog or Frito Pie. If you want to save money, you can also bring along a picnic to eat in the large picnic pavilion or beneath one of Sandy Lake Park's many shade trees.