Saylorville Lake Marina is located on Saylorville Lake, which is just north of the city of Des Moines on the Des Moines River. The 26,000-acre lake features diverse wildlife due to its wetland, woodland, and prairie habitats, as well as facilities for numerous recreation activities.
If your family loves swimming, fishing, hiking, biking, or relaxing on the beach, then Saylorville Lake Marina is the perfect place to visit! It also provides several boat launches, meaning you can spend the entire day relaxing in your boat if you want.
Things to Do
- Fishing is a great family activity, especially for young children who have never tried it before. Saylorville Lake is full of fish to catch, including bluegill, trout, bass, catfish, walleye, and sunfish.
- On a nice summer day, the adults can relax on the beach while the kids build sandcastles or go swimming in the lake.
- Visit Latitude 41 Bar & Grill, which is the only floating restaurant in central Iowa. You can have a meal or simply enjoy a cold drink away from the intense summer sun.
Saylorville Lake Marina Insider Tips
- Check out the 24-mile paved multipurpose trail at Saylorville Lake. It can be used for many outdoor activities, including walking, biking, hiking, jogging, and in-line skating. There are also cross-country skiing and snowmobile trails for use in the winter.
- Need a snack? If you haven't brought any food along, you can head to the Saylorville Ship Store for refreshing snacks like drinks and ice cream bars.
- If your family likes camping, then check out the US Army Corps of Engineers website for Saylorville Lake, which provides information on nearby campgrounds and their amenities.