Schlitterbahn waterpark in Galveston Island, Texas is a wonderful water park with thrilling water rides and many attractions for the whole family to enjoy. It has been voted as the world's best indoor water park, the park is open to visitors all year-round. The water park has tube slides, speed slides, children's play area, a heated pool, the tidal wave river and much more. There are Cabanas for private gatherings and parties, many great eateries are also on site. The water park is open daily in the spring and summer season and on select days in the winter.
Things to Do
- Visit the water park in Galveston for some great family fun, there are fast and furious water slides, the high speed slides are for the thrill seekers.
- Want to surf ocean like? Boogie Bahn offers surfing on endless waves, the water depth is not much so anyone can take the surf ride.
- Torrent beach is an indoor beach setting with crashing waves, families can play around in the water or enjoy lounging at the beach.
- There is a separate torrent beach kids area with slides and water shower, toddlers can also play in the Wasserfest kids area with a big boat, slides, and spray jets.
- Torrent river is your lazy river where visitors can float around in water tubes, anyone can enjoy and relax in the lazy river.
- Enjoy a fun filled day at the park with free parking, families can also bring their own picnic in the park. Picnic tables are limited.
- A visit to the Funnel cake factory is a must that offers red velvet cakes, cookies and ice creams.
Schlitterbahn water park Insider Tips
- Bring sunscreen or buy at the gift shop.
- Look for discounted tickets online.