The Schlitz Audubon Nature Center is a popular nature attraction by Lake Michigan in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. This beautiful 185-acre nature area is open to the public for activities such as hiking and running, as well as snowshoeing and cross-country skiing in the winter. It's a great place to enjoy some fresh air and the natural beauty of Milwaukee and Lake Michigan while viewing wildlife.
Things to Do
- Go for a family nature hike along the trails and see how many different bird and animal species you can find. If you look closely you might even find a turtle!
- Take advantage of the trails in the wintertime for fun sports such as snowshoeing and cross-country skiing.
- Visit the nature center, where you can view interactive nature exhibits that are popular with children of all ages.
Schlitz Audubon Nature Center Insider Tips
- If you want to have a family picnic during your visit, there are picnic tables available in nearby Doctor's Park, which is located south of the nature center.
- Check out their calendar to learn about special bird watching and astronomy events, yoga classes, nature classes for young children, workshops, and guided walks.
- Learn all about raptors such as hawks, eagles, and falcons during special raptor programs.
- If you have a Girl or Boy Scout in the family, the center offers a wide variety of educational programs that can help them earn badges related to everything from ecology to astronomy. You can learn more about their scout programs here.