Science City is Kansas City's major science center located at the historic Union Station. Imaginative exhibits, daily demonstrations and regularly organized special events keep things fresh and fun here. There is plenty to appeal to children and enough to keep adults interested too.
Things to Do
- While you visit Science City don't miss out on a show at their Arvin Gottlieb Planetarium. This is one of the biggest Planetariums in the Midwest providing visitors with entertainment on a 60 foot dome. The shows here are regularly of great educational benefit and can appeal to a wide range of ages.
- One particular show going on right now is Big Bird's Adventure: One World, One Sky. In this show you can join Big Bird and Elmo with their Chinese pal Hu Hu Zhu as they contemplate the night sky over Sesame Street.
- Little ones with big aspirations as scientists are well served at the Kinderlab. Kids between the ages of one and seven can engage in all kinds of fun activities in a totally interactive set up. The can build and discover in a totally safe environment and who knows in their exploration they may even find a deep love of science!
- For science demos and fun shows head to the City's Maze Park All special presentations take here and once you have seen a show you can take on the challenge of completing the maze yourself. Also be sure to head to the Maker Studio where there are regular hands on building activities you can be a part of.
Science City Insider Tips
- You can find parking for Science City in Union Station's four level parking lot. To park here costs a dollar for up to one hour and a maximum of $10 for over eight hours.
- Science City is closed to the public on Mondays.