The Science Museum of Minnesota offers hands on fun and scientific exploration overlooking the magnificent Mississippi River. You will enjoy spectacular views as you learn about the wonders of Science as you explore the five permanent exhibits and the temporary exhibits housed in the 70,000 square feet of exhibition space which is within a 370,000 square foot building.
Another spectacular feature of this Science museum is the Convertible Dome Omnitheater which is the only one of its kind in the United States.
Things to Do
- Take in one of the Science Live Theater Exhibitions.
- Stop by the National Park's Service Mississippi River Visitor Center where a ranger will share information about culture, tourism, boating and activities to do around the area, while giving a history of of this amazing river.
- Explore the fascinating OMNI theater film of Dinosaurs Alive. Peruse the many hands on exhibits throughout the museum such as Future Earth, Wonder Years, Math Moves, Mississippi River Gallery and more.
- Consider signing up for a membership to this museum which gives you unlimited access to the museum for a full year. You can save more than 50% on your ticket prices with a membership.
- You may park in the garage under the museum for a fee of $5
- Check the museum website for film and exhibit times and make your reservations and buy your tickets online, so that you can make the most out of your visit and see all that you desire.
- The museum has a trading post. If a child brings something into the museum like a rock or a shell for instance, and is able to describe it, they will be allowed to trade it for a museum piece. There are many neat items to choose from and the more the child knows about their particular item, the more points that they can earn toward their trade.
- On an added note, the membership includes the OMNI theater entrance fee for every visit.