Science Museum Oklahoma is geared towards making science fun to learn for kids. There are plenty of hands-on activities for kids to explore and they surely will be amazed with their new discoveries. Aside from the exhibits, there's also a dome theater and a planetarium onsite. If the kids go hungry after hours of exploring, drop by the museum's Pavlov's Cafe.
Things to Do
- Learn about the weather, make your own fog, or experience an F-1 tornado at the Eye on the Sky area. Next, visit the Destination Space exhibit and see different artifacts from NASA's space program.
- Build cool stuff using legos and blocks at the Tinkering Garage. This exercise helps develop a child's independent thinking and reasoning. The basic concepts of waves, sound, and light are easier for kids to grasp through the experiments at the Explorazone. There's also a Mind Games area that will surely tickle and challenge the minds of both kids and adults.
- Watch scientists do a live experiment and get the chance to be the day's volunteer or see what's showing at the dome theater and planetarium. Check out the daily show schedule on their website.
- SMO also hold events focused on one area of science. Check their website for the schedule.
Science Museum Oklahoma Insider Tips
- Since it's a touch museum, bring a hand sanitizer.
- Kids love this place and if you plan to visit more often in a year, buy a family membership package.