Located in Aurora Illinois the SciTech Hands On Museum offers families and children the chance to learn about science and discover all kinds of facts through over 200 fully interactive hands on exhibits.
Things to Do
- The Museum offers a "Discovery Day" which is an ideal tour to book for school groups. One adult can enter for free for every 6 kids that are booked. You can add to the experience by booking a special Demo such as Discovering Dinosaurs, Awesome Weather, Electricity and Magnets or What's The Matter With Chemistry?
- It is also possible to book Discovery Labs for your group. These are 30 minute hands on laboratory sessions where you may dissect a grasshopper or learn about NASA's space rockets.
- You can book 2 hour birthday party celebrations at Sci Tech's Party Central. Parties at the museum grant you full access to all of the museum's exhibits and give you the option to add a private science demo, cake and juice and gift bags for all the children in attendance. 2 adults go free. Reservations need to be made well in advance.
- The Museum offers the chance to have a sleepover in the Museum. Their Overnight at the SciTech Museum gives kids the chance to have the museum to themselves for the night. Pizza and other tasty snacks are all provided.
SciTech Hands On Museum Insider Tips
- You can find 3 hour parking nearby on Benton Street and also in the lot between the SciTech Museum and the Aurora Public Library. After 3 hours you must mover your car or you may be issued a ticket.
- Be warned that the museum closes at the rather early time of 3 p.m and is closed on Sundays and Mondays.