Visit Scott's Orchard and Nursery in Glastonbury, CT for farm fresh goodness and home grown glory. Scott's features Pick Your Own apples in assorted varieties, peaches and pears. Many other fresh produces is grown at the farm as well and can be purchased at the farm stand.
The picturesque hills of the orchards and beyond are simply breathtaking. Saunter through the orchards at your leisure and pick your own fruit and enjoy the peaceful atmosphere. Scott's has many varieties of fresh produce and plants and garden shrubs to choose from as well as Fall decor.
Things to Do
- Pre-picked pumpkins and gourds of all varieties and colors in mounds for fun selecting the perfect ones
- Apple Picking and pear picking and some peaches
- Shop at the Farm Stand
- Warm up in the greenhouse which seasonally has a small hay maze which is super fun for kids
- Shop for plants and shrubs in the extensive nursery
- They also offer landscaping services
Scott's Orchard Insider Tips
- Stop at the display table for your Orchard Maps and bags. At other orchards I like the welcoming feel of having an orchard welcomer telling you the ropes and handing out the bags. It's easy to figure out where to go and you can always ask.
- Do not climb the trees and please pay for what you pick.
- There are horsedrawn wagon rides offered on occasion. The cost is $3 per person payable to the driver, although we have never participated in this activity here. I think it is worth mentioning.
- Be sure to bring your camera. There is a lot of great scenery to capture.