Turn your seashells into pets with this Seashell Crab craft. You can use any large and two small shells that you find at the beach and bring your beach memories to life in a few small steps. This craft is fun and easy to make for all ages. Use them for pretend play or as a playful decoration or a gift.
- A clam or scallop shell
- Red Paint
- Red pipe cleaner
- 2 small seashells
- googly eyes
- Hot Glue Gun
How to Make It
- Paint the top of the shells red and allow to dry thoroughly
- Cut 4 red pipe cleaners in half and glue three of them in a bundle on the underside of the center of the clam shell.
- Glue the other piece in the center of the bottom of the larger fanned side of the shell.
- Glue the two smaller shells to the ends of the last pipe cleaner for the front claws.
- Flip the main shell back over and glue two googly eyes on the top front of the fanned portion of the shell.
- If you like, you can bend the very ends of the red pipe cleaners.