Enjoy the 9th largest aquarium in the United States, ranked by attendance, and among the top 5 paid attractions in the Puget Sound area. The aquarium is set up with six distinct exhibits and has hosted more than 20 million visitors since they opened their doors to the public in 1977
Things to See & Do
- Among the vast array of sea life make sure to check out this map to plan your visit to make sure not to miss anything:
- Window on Washington Waters – Amazing diving show three times a day.
- Life on the Edge – Get up close and personal with all sorts of swimming creatures from the Puget Sound.
- Pacific Coral Reef – Take a virtual trip to some of the most amazing coral reefs in the Pacific Ocean
- Puget Sound Fish – Get to know some of Puget Sound’s local fish
- The Dome Room – Get a 365 degree view from under the water and watch the sea life in their 400,000 gallon tank
- Marine Mammals – Get to know the otters and seals as you watch them play, swim and dive from either above or below the water surface.
Seattle Aquarium Insider Tips
- There is food available in the aquarium as well as outside the aquarium. The aquarium restaurant is open Monday – Friday 9:30am – 4pm and Saturday and Sunday 11am until 4pm.
- Parking is available either by meters (4 hr max) along Alaskan Way or there is the Republic Hillclimb Garage or Pike Place Market Parking Garage.
- If you park at the Hillclimb garage bring your parking ticket and receive $1.00 off your general admission. Go to the customer service desk to get your discount stamp.
- There is a gift shop on site to purchase any of those must have stuffed animals. Operation hours are 10am until 6pm
- When you get home and you begin to miss one of the amazing animals you just met it is possible to watch them from your home computer. Click here to watch them live.