Seattle Art Museum displays permanent and changing exhibits of arts and crafts from around the world, the museum displays unique pieces of art that are hard to find at other places. The museum is largely based on Asian art collection but there are antique pieces as well from the Roman Art. The museum was founded in 1930s and houses a large collection of Asian art. The museum also displays American, African and native American art. The museum houses a drop-in art workshop and tours for kids and performances catered towards kids.
Things to Do
- Seattle art museum presents collections from different cultures around the world; Asian, African, Native American, Mediterranean, European, and modern art.
- There are many art-related activities for the families, kids can dress up and perform, or create their own art pieces in the creative workshop.
- Kid-friendly tours of the collections are offered, live music, performances, story-telling, art making and many more activities.
- Family festivals feature puppetry, face painting, music, dance lessons, family-friendly tours and more.
- Visit the taste cafe that uses locally sourced ingredients, purchase jewelry and gifts at the gift shops.
Seattle Art Museum Insider Tips
- Free first Saturdays every month for families.