Celebrating 125 years in 2010, the Burke Museum has strived to follow their simple mission and to share their values with those who visit. This museum is located on the campus of the University of Washington and is sure to hold your kids attention span with its exhibits on dinosaur fossils and its recreations of the scaly behemoths.
- Imagine That: Surprising Stories and Amazing Objects – Over the past 125 years of stories about everyday objects you might have never heard of.
- Erna Gunther Ethnobotanical Garden - Explore Plants, plants and more plants. See how they have been used for everything from clothing and food to medicine and more.
- Explore over 17 different cultures and learn about their lives, languages and the way they lived in the exhbit Pacific Voices.
- The first Thursday of every month the admission is free and the museum stays open until 8pm
- The museum is both wheelchair and stroller friendly
- Museum parking is operated by the University of Washington. Enter the UW campus at 17th Ave NE (Memorial Way) and NE 45th Street. Go to the gatehouse to purchase a parking ticket and tell the attendant that you are parking at the Burke Museum. Cash and Visa/Mastercard are accepted.
- Parking Rates:
- Monday - Friday, 6 am - 5 pm $15 w/ prorated refunds for visits less than 4 hours Monday - Friday after 5 pm $5 w/ prorated refunds for visits less than 1 hour Saturday before 12 pm $5 w/ prorated refunds for visits less than 1 hour Saturday after 12 pm Free Sunday Free
- Large bags are not allowed in the exhibit galleries. This includes large purses, backpacks, shopping bags, briefcases, large totes and baby bags. A bag check is available to visitors at the Admission Desk.
- Food & drinks are not permitted in the exhibit galleries.