The Children’s museum houses over 22,000 square feet of play area specially designed for kids from the ages of 10 months to 10 years and their families to enjoy themselves. Included in the price of admission in addition to the play areas are the many hands on exhibits. There are also educational programs available at no extra cost. Check out the calendar for the most current programs.
Things to See & Do
Some of the must do and sees at this museum include: The Bus Stop, Cog City, Construction Zone, Discovery Bay, Fire Truck, Fort Adventure and so much more. They also have special programs every day. Check back often to see what is new on the horizon.
Superb for ages 10 months – 10 years.
Seattle Children's Museum Insider Tips
- Get there when the doors open and you can have the place to yourself for an hour or so – even on weekends.
- Admission sales end (1) one hour before closing. On weekdays, during our last hour of operation, we accept a donation of any size as the cost of admission to the Museum. We say, "Pay what you can".
- The indoor space is closed August 30 - Sept 1 so they can participate in Bumbershoot. September 2 - 5, we give our staff a well deserved vacation. We will re-open on Saturday, September 6 at 10:00am.
- Taking the Monorail here from downtown Seattle is a good option.
- On the first Saturday of each month, we open our doors early with minimal sounds and lights so that kids who benefit from a less stimulating environment can enjoy the Museum.
- You can bring your own food into the museum. Please eat your food upstairs at one of the tables in the Market Place area.
- Your admission price includes in and out privileges so if you need to leave for nap time you are welcome to come back the same day. Your price of admission lasts all day.