Spend time with nature to recharge and boost your family's energy for the week ahead. Whether it's the kids who need a breather from school or you parents from work, you will find your own respite in the Sesquicentennial Park, also known as Sesqui, located in the suburbs of the Sandhills region in South Carolina.
Things to Do
- Visit for a day trip and bring your picnic stash. The park offers kayak and canoe rentals so the family can explore the lake area. Kids rave about the splash pad and the playground so make sure to take them there.
- Find a trail that suits your level of fitness. The shaded trails here are great for walking or jogging. Most of the activities are near the lake area so pick a spot nearby or move farther away if you want a quieter space on weekends.
- Bring your dogs as long as they are kept on a leash or if you want to take them to the dog park, get a permit from the management so your dog can run off-leash on the designated area.
- Go biking on the 6-mile bike loop available for guests.
- Plan for an overnight camping weekend with the family. Call ahead for campsite reservations.
Sesquicentennial Park Insider Tips
- Make sure that kids wear grip shoes at the splash pad to avoid slipping.
- Try to avoid days with scheduled school trips as it can get crowded.