The ocean's most infamous predators are not the only amazing sea creatures to be viewed at the Shark Reef Aquarium at the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino. There is much more to discover including Golden Crocodiles, Piranhas, a plethora of exotic fish, reptiles, sea turtles and more. And of course there are plenty of sharks; over one hundred of them drawn from fifteen different species. With fourteen exhibits spread out in tanks containing millions of gallons of water there is a huge amount awaiting discovery at the Shark Reef Aquarium.
Things to Do
- The Aquarium's Shipwreck exhibit is a wonder to behold. In total it holds 1.3 million gallons of saltwater. In that space swimming all around you can see over thirty sharks along with stingrays, sawfish and endangered sea turtles.
- Elsewhere you can find some of the most dangerous creatures to dwell in the Earth's Ocean at the Venomous Fishes exhibit. Touch horseshoe crabs and stingrays at the Touchpool.
- Don't miss the ferocious Piranha that lurk in their very own 2,000 gallon fresh water exhibit.
Shark Reef Aquarium Insider Tips
- Your kids might enjoy these fun games that are linked with Shark Reef and its exhibits.
- A full list of the various sea life that can be seen at the Aquarium can be found on their website.
- Throughout the majority of the year Shark Reef is only open from Thursday to Sunday. However in starting in late May until the end of August the Aquarium opens up 7 days a week with opening hours from 10 am to 10 pm.