Sharkarosa Wildlife Ranch is an animal park in Pilot Point, Texas, which is located approximately an hour's drive north of Dallas. This 126-acre educational park invites visitors to come and visit its pastures full of exotic animals. Its attractions include a train ride, animal presentations, a petting zoo, a safari tram, and a marsupial habitat. Children and adults alike will love the unique experience Sharkarosa Wildlife Ranch provides, which allows visitors to see the animals up close as well as interact with them!
Things to Do
- Ride the Safari Tram around the ranch to see animals like monkeys, bobcats, zebras, emus, sloths, porcupines, and bears.
- Visit "Kangaroo Kourt", a marsupial habitat that's home to a number of energetic kangaroos and wallabies!
- Go to a "Meet and Greet" with some of the ranch's education animals, which include camels, lemurs, lizards, snakes, and adorable kangaroo joeys.
- Visit the Petting Zoo and interact with all the friendly animals - you can also purchase some feed for $2 if your child wants to give them a snack!
Sharkarosa Wildlife Ranch Insider Tips
- If you plan to visit often, consider purchasing a season pass - it will save you a lot of money on admission in the long run.
- Check online for discounted admission prices using websites like Groupon before your visit.
- The ranch can be a bit difficult to find, especially using GPS, so follow the detailed driving directions provided on their website.
- Make sure to follow the ranch rules - don't feed the animals, and don't bring along any prohibited items such as bubble gum or balloons that could hurt the animals.