While you are at the Shedd Aquarium you will have the chance to see 32,000 amazing animals and enjoy amazing shows that are both educational and entertaining.
The Shedd Aquarium has something for everyone whether you like The giant Beluga Whale or the tiny seahorses you can find it here.
Things to Do
Shedd Aquarium Insider Tips
- Buy your tickets online to avoid a long wait in line
- Illinois Residents Discount Days (Upcoming) – June 2, 3, 9, 10, 16, 17. Check back for future dates. 52 days per year residents of Illinois get free general admission.
- Guests who present a valid Bank of America/Merrill Lynch ATM, credit, or debit card, along with photo identification, will receive one free mini-pass admission on the first full weekend of every month. May 3-4, June 7-8, July 5-6, Aug. 2-3, Sept. 6-7, Oct. 4-5, Nov. 1-2, Dec. 6-7.
- Residents of the city of Chicago, students, seniors, receive a $3 discount on admission every day, except Illinois Resident Discount Days. Must present a valid ID.
- Teachers from Illinois, Indiana, Michigan and Wisconsin can receive a free Shedd pass by registering online. This pass includes admission to Caribbean Reef, Waters of the World, Amazon Rising, Wild Reef, Abbott Oceanarium and Polar Play Zone
- Active duty military, Chicago Police officers, Chicago Firefighters with ID receive free Shedd Pass.
- Arrive early so you don’t miss out on seeing your favorite animal.
- Dress comfortably, Chicago’s weather is unpredictable.
- Plan your visit ahead with our Ten Fun Finds Tour.
- Pack Light so you don’t end up carrying a heavy load all day. There are coin operated lockers available for rent.
- Take public transportation instead of driving and parking, it is much cheaper and the CTA drops you off right close to the front door.
- Outside food is allowed to be brought in, but can only be eaten in designated areas.
Sign Up - Family Fun Newsletter
Have fun with great ideas on things to do for travel, daytrips, nearby, or at home...
Fun Things to Do at Home
Fun games for the whole family
Making science into family fun
Giving the little ones a laugh
Fun, creative activities
Exercise for the mind
Entertainment for the whole family
Great fun when you're stuck at home