Shoreline Park at Mountain View is a 750-acre wildlife and recreation area on the San Francisco Bay in Mountain View, which is just 15 miles from downtown San Jose. It is one of the most popular outdoor recreation areas in San Jose due to its beautiful bay and mountain views as well as the wide variety of activities it offers, including hiking, biking, windsurfing, sailing, golfing, canoeing, kayaking and bird watching.
Things to Do
- Go hiking, cycling, or inline skating with your family on the 8-mile network of trails throughout the park.
- Take your child to the children's play structure by the lake, which features equipment inspired by scow schooners, flat-bottomed boats that were used in the San Francisco Bay in the early 19th century.
- Bring along a kite and head to the expansive Kite Lot, which is the perfect spot to learn to fly a kite.
- Rent a pedal boat, kayak, rowboat, canoe, or sailboat to explore beautiful Shoreline Lake from the Shoreline Aquatic Center.
Shoreline At Mountain View Insider Tips
- While dogs aren't allowed within the park itself, you can take your dog to the nearby City of Mountain View Dog Park, which is located just outside of the main entrance gate.
- If you're interested in learning more about the wildlife and history of the park, consider going on a docent-led tour!
- Bring along a pair of binoculars and a bird guide so that you can go bird watching in the park, which is home to burrowing owls, pelicans, and herons.