Make artistic use out of those old and broken crayons that you have around the house. This art project can be done by children of all ages, but please note that adult supervision is required for this project for the use of an iron and a grater. Once completed, you can frame these pretty works of art, or hang them in the window. The sunlight will make your artwork have the appearance of stained glass sun catchers
- Kitchen Grater
- Felt Tip Pen
- Small spoon or tweezers ( fingers work too)
- Wax Paper
How to Make It
- Use a grater to grate old crayons and place them in bowls my color.
- Draw a picture or a design on a piece of wax paper.
- Use a small spoon, your fingers or tweezers to place the crayon bits into the selected spaces on the wax paper design.
- Gently place another sheet of wax paper over the top of the first one.
- Place the iron on a low setting and iron the top of the wax paper until all of the crayon wax melts together.
- Trim the edges of the wax paper and place in a paper frame and hang on the window.