You and your family will simply adore this Silly Sock Owl craft. This project is fun and easy for kids to make, while the end result makes every stitch and step worth the effort. This cute and cuddly owl friend will undoubtedly be loved dearly and it will be the pride and joy of the crafter who creates it. Make one for yourself and others for gifts!
- A sock with a heel/ toe pattern
- Needle and Thread
- Uncooked rice
- Fabric Glue
- Fabric scraps
How It is Made
- Cut the ankle portion of the sock off in a arch as shown in the photo.
- Fill the sock with uncooked rice.
- Sew the top of the sock straight across leaving the v shaped flap (the portion of the heel) intact.
- Fold the flap over and sew two buttons on the top for the owl's eyes.
- Cut out a triangle out of felt and sew to the point for the owl's beak.
- Use fabric glue to secure the flap down.
- Cut two felt or patterned fabric teardrop shapes to create the owl's wings and use fabric glue or sew the pointed side of the teardrop facing up to the sides of the owl. For this, we used stiff felt and covered it in decorative fabric to add more whimsy to the owl.