This Swappable Paper People Art Project is one of our all time family favorite art activities. It inspires creative thinking, artistry and leaves you with a silly activity to share after the project is complete. I remember having a board book which resembled this fun concept when I was a child and it used to keep me occupied for hours. This art project is fantastic for school aged children and teens and well adults too.
- Crayons or colored pencils if desired
How to Make It
- Take a piece of paper and fold it into fourths. You can attain this by folding it in half and half again.
- Cut off the fourth piece with your scissors. You will not need it for this project.
- Measure each side flap into thirds and cut along the lines while leaving the center section intact.
- Using very light pencil strokes, lightly draw pencil lines onto the center section where the flaps cover so you have a guide for where to place your base drawing.
- Draw a person on the back flap of your paper. The head and neck go in the top third, the torso in the middle segment, and the legs and feet in the bottom third.
- Close your right side flaps and draw a different option for the head, the mid section, and legs.
- Next close the left side flaps and draw another different option for the head, mid section, and legs.
- Play around with the project and mix and match the flaps to create silly mismatched creatures.