Silver Springs State Park can be found on the banks the Silver River in Florida. Florida's oldest attraction is also located within the park. When the weather's nice, the Silver Springs State Park is a fine destination for you and your family to spend the day away from the crowded theme parks. The park is home to plenty of wonderful wildlife as well as a number of activities to keep you and your little ones entertained during your visit.
Things to Do
- Take a wonderful kayak ride. Of course, in order to rent the kayak you need to have experience using a kayak. You can even take guided kayak tours covering around 4.5 miles of the Silver River.
- See what lurks beneath by taking the glass-bottom boat along the Silver River. Extended tours are available during the week.
- Grab a bite to eat in one of the park's two restaurants. The Spring Side Cafe offers a variety of burgers, hot dogs, and sandwiches. Do you or the little ones have a sweet tooth? Then consider heading along to Paradise Treats where you can get ice cream, baked goods, and even delicious fudge.
- Go for a hike along one of the park's hiking trails. If you feel like going faster, consider bringing your bicycles and heading along the paths.
Silver Springs State Park Insider Tips
- Make sure to check the park's calendar regularly to see if any special events are going on.
- Camping is available for those who wish to stay more than a day.