Six Flags America is a family friendly amusement and adventure park located in Woodmore, Maryland. Part of the Six Flags Amusement chain, this park features thrilling roller coasters, a water park and other amusement rides. This theme park draws many visitors each year and is a popular destination for families and children of all ages.
Things to Do
- Enjoy the thrill rides featuring 9 roller coasters throughout the park. The oldest coaster on site is The Wild One. It is 97 years old and going strong.
- Thrilling water rides like the tornado, the half pipe and the bonzai pipelines will excite you while keeping you cool. Other rides include: the speedway, the sky coaster and the voodoo drop.
- There is a plethora of family rides and kiddie rides to explore in both the waterpark area and the amusement area.
- Enjoy dining options within the park and take in a little shopping at the gift stores.
- Live entertainment shows will complete your amusement park experience.
Six Flags Insider Tips
- Check for discounted rate tickets before you buy. Season passes are far more worth the experience than buying individual tickets. Weigh this information when travelling.
- Guest services can help you plan your day. Stop by on your way in and they can help you organize your day with activities that best suit your group or your family.
- Check both the website and the forecast before you visit, as the park is subject to close due to inclement weather.
- Strollers and wheelchairs are available to rent on a first come first serve basis. Get to the park on the early side if you will need these items
- Dress appropriately for this family friendly destination. Six Flags strictly enforced their dress code. No inappropriate or vulgar attire will be permitted.
- Travel light and without valuables. They have all day lockers or hourly rate lockers and they charge an excessive amount for them. If you have a season pass, consider the Eat all Season meal plan option. It will save you on dining over the course of your visits.