Six Flags Hurricane Harbor is located within 20 minutes (around 15 miles) from Fort Worth, Texas. Located in Arlington, Texas, the park is easily reached by Interstate I-30 East (exit 28) from Dallas.
Things to Do
- Do some of the thrill rides in the water park - note that some of them have height restrictions and can be a bit extreme for the little ones. Your teenager may love this though! The best rides are The Black Hole (sliding down in complete darkness), Der Stuka (a 72 ft free fall slide, taller than Splash Mountain) , and the Dive Bomber (this one has a trap door and you'll never know when you're going to fall!)
- Cross over to the other park - Six Flags Over Texas if you want to stay dry and experience even more crazier rides!
- Attend an event (be it a concert or educational) - see their website for the calendar.
Six Flags Hurricane Harbor Insider Tips
- Best to rent a locker for the day, it is a bit expensive but gives a chance for the whole family to have fun without leaving someone behind to look after the belongings.
- Wear water shoes instead of flip flops - it will save your feet from feeling the heat of the asphalt and less visits to the lockers to leave your flip flops
- If you have a Discover credit card, use it to pay for the admission fee or any other incidentals you may pay for within the park (food, beverages, souvenirs), the company is a partner of Six Flags and you can get discounts compared to using other cards!