The Six Flags near Springfield Massachusetts is the largest theme park in New England. It is home to a wealth of thrill rides, family and kids attractions and their Hurricane Harbor Water Park. There are plenty of entertainment options and regular events organised throughout the year. There is accomodation available if you would like to make your trip last longer.
Things to Do
- Roller coasters and thrill rides are the big draw here. Test your wits on Bizarro, Goliath, Mind Eraser, Slingshot, the Wicked Cyclone, and more.
- The kids areas feature smaller, more family oriented rides. There is a Looney Toons area with a small roller coaster, drop ride and games; as well as The Wiggles area with The Big Red Car ride and a number of other fun kids rides.
- The Water Park is always a good choice for kids. Everyone can enjoy Hurricane Harbor's Commotion Ocean, the parks 500,000 gallon wave pool. There is more fun to be had shooting down the snaking 257 feet of Bonzai Pipelines. For the youngest kids you can take them to the Kiddie Octopus and the Kiddie Pirate Shippie which come complete with mini slides suitable for the youngest ages.
- The park has many family rides which children can enjoy with their parents. There is an old fashioned Carousel which dates back to 1909, a lazy river which you can float down for 1000 feet and the Catwoman's Whip, a 1181 foot Rollercoaster which is accessible to all ages.
Six Flags New England Insider Tips
- If you are going to visit during the summer months or any of the peak times then you should think about getting a flash pass. It is more expensive but it will mean your trip won't be ruined by epic queue times.
- You can find a copy of the park map online to help you plan your trip. These maps are also available at the Front Gate as you arrive.
- To check out the events that the park has coming up when you plan to make your visit check out their events calender.