Centennial Park's Skyview Atlanta is pretty difficult not to notice. This twenty storey high Ferris wheel provides a novel way to see Atlanta's downtown. Admittedly the view is beautiful whether you choose to go during the day or at night when the city is lit up. Kids of all ages will be amazed at the spectacular view.
Things to Do
- A ride on Skyview Atlanta offers incredible views over the downtown area of the city. You will enter one of 42 air conditioned gondolas and ride up high above Centennial Park and many of the surrounding buildings.
- Be sure to bring your camera as there will be plenty of photo opportunities.
- Skyview host field trips for school kids. Their field trip program includes Q&A's, talkbacks and a lunch. They provide an educational brochure which explains how a trip to the Ferris Wheel can be a learning experience for all students.
Skyview Atlanta Insider Tips
- Skyview Atlanta is usually open every single day of the year but can close unexpectedly due to maintenance works or weather issues.
- There is a VIP option for those people who want a little more from their experience. For a more expensive ticket you get the privilege of skipping the queue and riding in their special VIP gondola which comes complete with leather seats and a glass floor.
- This attraction is conveniently located near to many of Atlanta's other top tourist destinations like the Georgia Aquarium, the Coca Cola Museum, the CNN Center, the Center for Civil and Human Rights and the College Football Hall of Fame so you and the family can easily tick off a couple of sights in the same day.