Just outside of Portland lies Smiling Hill Farm in Westbrook, Maine, where families can purchase delicious ice cream, yogurt or cheese from The Dairy Store, and also visit the petting zoo, which contains a number of animals and some climbing structures for the little ones.
Things to Do
- Pat the free-roaming goats and sheep in the barnyard area and take a look at the ponies, ducks, pigs, chickens, cows, bunnies, alpacas and more that are enclosed in clean, well-kept pens.
- Climb all over a wooden tractor, train or plane.
- Have lunch at the restaurant which sells sandwiches, flavored milk and other menu items for kids.
- In the winter, experience some cross country skiing on the groomed trails.
Smiling Hill Farm Insider Tips
- Entrance to the farm is free.
- There is a $5 fee to see the animals.