Smith Lake Park is a public park located in Cullman County, Alabama, which is less than an hour's drive north from Birmingham. It is located on the shores of Lewis Smith Lake, a reservoir of the Black Warrior River which has over 500 miles of beautiful shoreline that you can explore. If your family loves camping, Smith Lake Park is a great place to set up camp for the weekend - in addition to numerous campsites, it also provides facilities for all kinds of fun activities, including swimming, fishing, boating, walking, cycling, and bird watching.
Things to Do
- Escape Alabama's summer heat by spending some time swimming and splashing in the pool.
- Go fishing! The park has a public fishing pier that is perfect for beginners, or you can head out onto Lewis Smith Lake in a boat.
- Enjoy the park's beautiful lake views by exploring its hiking trails with your family.
- Take your child to one of the park's playgrounds, or play a round of miniature golf!
Smith Lake Park Insider Tips
- Spend the weekend enjoying the great outdoors with a family camping trip! The park has 9 cabins and over 200 campsites you can rent, including primitive campsites and RV sites with electric, sewer, and water hookups.
- Bring along a picnic to eat in the sunshine - the park has plenty of picnic areas with exceptional views of the lake.
- Don't forget your binoculars! The park is home to tons of fascinating bird species that you'll want to watch for while sitting on the beach or hiking.