Sooky Goldman Nature Center is located in Franklin Canyon Park, Beverly Hills, California. The nature center is surrounded by 605 acres of natural and open space that lets you explore and learn about natural and cultural history of the park and of California as a whole. The Franklin Canyon Park serves over 10,000 Los Angeles school children every year. The Franklin Canyon Park also houses The William O Douglas outdoor classroom that educates the youth about California's natural resources.
Things to Do
- Families should bring their kids to the nature center in order to educate them about the natural resources of their State . Youth can also attend free of charge education programs geared towards the natural resources of California in the outdoor classroom.
- The nature center features many animal exhibits.
- The 605 acres of natural space includes a three-acre wildlife pond, chaparral covered slopes, and grassland meadows. The wildlife pond serves as a resource for migratory bird watching.
- The nature center is surrounded by 5 miles of hiking trails that are perfect for a nature hike or even running and biking.
- The nature center has a free of cost large play area for the kids, it features cushions, bean bags, stuffed animals, tunnel for crawling, books, and drawing books for coloring.
- The 605 acres of land has vast and expansive picnic grounds for a family picnic, there is also an ADA-accessible duck pond in the park.
- The park has a dog-friendly environment.
Sooky Goldman Nature Center at Franklin Canyon Park Insider Tips