Surround yourself with lush vegetation, enjoy hundreds of butterflies fluttering around you, and watch more hatch from their chrysalises right before your eyes. You will experience it all and more at the Sophia M. Sachs Butterfly House in St. Louis Missouri. These rarely seen occurrences are an everyday event as you visit the 2000 free flying butterflies in this tropical conservatory.
Things to Do
- Explore the Tropical Conservatory which is home to over 45 species of butterflies from all over the world.
- There is something for everyone at the Madame Butterfly gift shop. Here you will find unique gifts, educational toys, books and more.
- Watch a short film on the Butterfly effect in the Emerson Theater.
- Peruse the exhibit hall.
- Children can play on the 30 foot long Lopadapillar.
- Have your photo taken in front of the 28 foot tall monarch butterfly statue. There are so many amazing photographic moments at this venue.
- Birthday Parties, Special Events, Weddings and Private Events,School Field Trips
Sachs Butterfly House Insider Tips
- Admission to the Butterfly House is free for Missouri Botanical Garden Members.
- Open Tuesdays through Sundays 9am to 4pm. Closed on Sundays
- St. Louis County residency can show proof of residency on the firsy Tuesday of the month bewteen 9am and 11am for free admission into the Butterfly House.
- The last tickets are sold 30 minutes before closing time.