One of the numerous parks in the Miami Dade County, the South Dade Park welcomes the entire family with a selection of outdoor activities all year round. The park is open every day and is available for field rentals at the weekends.
The park is home to children and adult-oriented activities, which include after-school programs and summer camps for children of all ages.
Entrance is free, but some of the activities in the park may require an additional fee.
Things to Do
- Register the kids for the Fit2Play Afterschool Program to allow them to enjoy a wide range of fully-supervised fitness and wellness programs ad develop their appreciation for arts and nature.
- Summer Camps are available for children of all ages and include a variety of fitness and educational programs
- The Youth Arts in the Parks is a socially-oriented art program suitable for children aged 6 to 17. This program allows children to experience with various art materials and techniques under professional supervision.
South Dade Park Insider Tips
- The Harvest Festival takes place every year in autumn and is a great opportunity to buy handmade Thanksgiving and Christmas decorations.
- Check out the Helen Sands Pool, which is open every day except for Sunday. This activity has a fee for both children and adults.
- Splash playgrounds are available during the summer months