Southfork Ranch is the location of the filming of the TV series, The Original and Dallas, it has the Ewing Mansion that was built by Joe Duncan in 1970. Southfork Ranch is located in Parker, Texas, 40 minutes North of Dallas. Many events are held at the ranch, conferences, parties, corporate events, fundraisers, as well as weddings are held at the ranch. Families can enjoy horse back rides at the Southfork Ranch, horse back ride lessons are also offered. The 300 acres of Ewing Mansion include an event center and a visitor center. Guided tours of the ranch are open year round.
Things to Do
- Take guided tours of the famous Dallas ranch, tour the Ewing Mansion and see memorabilia from the Dallas series.
- Dallas legends exhibit features interesting artifacts from the series, after seeing the exhibit stroll out on ranch grounds, see the original 1978 Lincoln Continental.
- Shop for Dallas inspired apparel, decor and accessories, the gift shop in the visitor center has gift items and souvenirs.
- Horse back rides are a fun way to enjoy Texas lifestyle, horseback rides are offered seven days a week.
- Spend a day on the ranch, it includes tour of the mansion, horseback ride, delicious lunch at Miss Ellie's Deli, horseback ride, gift shop credit and more.
- Vintage market days in September feature vintage home decor, vintage clothing and jewelry, music, food and fun for the families.
Southfork Ranch Insider Tips
- Children ages 5 and under can tour for free.