Splash Island is a family water park located in the town of Plainfield, Indiana, which is about 20 miles from downtown Indianapolis. It is primarily known for its outdoor water park that is especially popular in the summertime, but it also has a small indoor aquatic center that can be visited in the colder months.
If your family wants to stay cool in the summer, head to tropical-themed outdoor water park, which features water slides, a lazy river, a water basketball court, a competition pool, and a children's play area. In the winter, head indoors to take advantage of its three lap lanes, its interactive play area, and a winding river attraction.
Things to Do
- Grab a tube and float down the Leisure River, a 900-foot long outdoor lazy river. If it's an especially hot day, cool off by choosing the path that takes you under a waterfall and coconut buckets that are waiting to drench you!
- Take your little one to the children's play area, which has kid-sized slides and interactive features like water jets, ropes, and water guns they can play with.
- Have a race in the competition pool to find out who is the swim champion in your family.
- Enjoy the thrill of flying down the indoor aquatic center's two-story water slide, and be prepared to make a big splash!
Splash Island Insider Tips
- Save money by bringing along a picnic lunch or your own snacks instead of buying food from the SnacKabana. You're welcome to bring a cooler as long as you let them check inside of it when you arrive.
- Feel free to bring along a folding chair to sit on - there are plenty of grassy areas around the water park where you can sit and keep an eye on your child as they play.
- If you want to spend the whole day swimming and splashing, make sure to bring everything you need with you - once you leave, you'll have to pay to re-enter.