Splashtown is a popular water park in San Antonio, Texas that features over 50 rides and attractions designed to help families stay cool while having fun in the summer heat. Its attractions include a huge wave pool, several thrilling water slides, a lazy river, and numerous water features that are designed to entertain children of all ages. When you're ready to dry off, it also offers volleyball and basketball courts, a horseshoe pit, and a movie screen and stage.
Things to Do
- Take your little one to Splash Island or Kid's Kove, two areas of the water park that are especially designed for young visitors.
- Enjoy the thrill of water slides like the Luge, the Hydra, and the Serpentines, which are full of twists and turns.
- Stay cool in the summer heat by spending some time relaxing in the wave pool.
- Play a game of volleyball, basketball, or horseshoes as a family and then cool off while exploring Siesta Del Rio, the lazy river attraction.
Splashtown Insider Tips
- Consider purchasing tickets online in advance - it can save you several dollars per person.
- Splashtown provides professionally trained lifeguards, but parents are still responsible for supervising their children.
- Save money by bringing along a cooler with a picnic lunch to keep in your car until you're ready to eat. Outside food and beverages are not allowed into the water park, but you're welcome to use their public picnic area by the front gate. If you prefer to buy food there, the park also has a cafe.
- If you can't afford to spend the entire day at Splashtown, you can visit after 4 p.m. and take advantage of their Sunset Super Saver pricing, which costs between $15 and $20 per person.