The Las Vegas Spring Preserve makes 180 acres of nature walks, gardens and nature related exhibits and attractions available to the public only a few miles away from downtown Las Vegas. It is a pleasure to know that you can get a taste of nature so close to the madness of the Strip. If you feel you are in need of re-generation make a visit here.
Things to Do
- There is a great array of activities you can partake in at the Springs Preserve Botanical Garden. To get to grips with the all the plants and flowers which the Garden has to offer you should consider taking a guided walking tour which is offered every Saturday and Sunday at 11 a.m, 1 p.m and 3 p.m.
- Come along every Thursday for The Green Chefs Farmers Market which lasts from 10 a.m until 3 p.m. Here you can find local produce, fresh flowers, plants, herbs and activities for families and children.
- Keep an eye out for one of their gardening workshops which provide tutorials on how to better care for your plants.
- The DesertSol house is a fine example of sustainable living and a possible view into the future of home construction. It is a 754 square foot one bedroom and one bathroom construction that relies entirely on solar panels for its power needs. It is highly innovative in all aspects of its construction and a visit is included with general admission to the Springs Preserve.
Springs Preserve Insider Tips
- The Las Vegas location of the Nevada State Museum can be found on the grounds of the Spring Preserve and is well worth a visit for fascinating exhibits on the human history and natural history of the state.